Jeep Battery Service in Signal Hill
At our Jeep service department in Signal Hill, near Los Angeles, Huntington Beach, and Long Beach we believe that routine maintenance is an integral part of vehicle ownership. It’s important for vehicle owners to keep a close eye on all components of their vehicles to ensure that everything is working the way it should be.
It’s especially important to pay close attention to the condition of your vehicle’s battery. The battery in your vehicle supplies the necessary current to the starter motor and the ignition system while cranking to start the engine. Without a properly working battery, you could find yourself stuck-literally!
Ensure that your car’s battery is in tiptop shape; make sure that the connections are clean, tight, and corrosion-free. Batteries don’t always give warning signs before they fail; at Glenn E. Thomas Dodge Chrysler Jeep, we suggest replacing batteries that are over three years old.
If you need a new car battery or simply a battery check for peace of mind, contact us to schedule an appointment today!
How to Jump Start a Car
If you find yourself in a situation with a failed battery, it’s time to break out those jumper cables.
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in “park” or “neutral” with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle’s battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle’s battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car – make sure that it isn’t near the carburetor or the battery
- Try starting your vehicle
If your vehicle starts, thank the person for helping you and hit the road! If you go through all of these steps and your vehicle still won’t start, it’s time to purchase a new battery.
The service technicians at our Signal Hill Jeep service department serving Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Huntington Beach will be more than happy to handle the battery installation for you! For more information about the battery in your vehicle or to schedule a service appointment with us, contact Glenn E. Thomas Dodge Chrysler Jeep today.
“As outstanding as my purchase experiences have been, the best part of my experience with this dealership has been with the service department. The mechanics are outstanding and the only service you get is the service you actually need.” – LBMusicMan, DealerRater.com user
“They gave us great service and easy pricing. They are friendly and low pressure.” – Hochiman25, DealerRater.com user